cohort: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kō'hôrt), [key]
- a group or company: She has a cohort of admirers.
- a companion or associate.
- one of the ten divisions in an ancient Roman legion, numbering from 300 to 600 soldiers.
- any group of soldiers or warriors.
- an accomplice; abettor: He got off with probation, but his cohorts got ten years apiece.
- a group of persons sharing a particular statistical or demographic characteristic: the cohort of all children born in 1980.
- an individual in a population of the same species.
- cohort (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.