Meaning of climax
Pronunciation: (klī'maks), [key]
- the highest or most intense point in the development or resolution of something; culmination: His career reached its climax when he was elected president.
- (in a dramatic or literary work) a decisive moment that is of maximum intensity or is a major turning point in a plot.
- a figure consisting of a series of related ideas so arranged that each surpasses the preceding in force or intensity.
- the last term or member of this figure.
- an orgasm.
- the stable and self-perpetuating end stage in the ecological succession or evolution of a plant and animal community.
- to bring to or reach a climax.
- climax (Thesaurus)