Meaning of citation
Pronunciation: (sī-tā'shun), [key]
- mention of a soldier or a unit in orders, usually for gallantry: Presidential citation.
- any award or commendation, as for outstanding service, hard work, or devotion to duty, esp. a formal letter or statement recounting a person's achievements.
- a summons, esp. to appear in court.
- a document containing such a summons.
- the act of citing or quoting a reference to an authority or a precedent.
- a passage cited; quotation.
- a quotation showing a particular word or phrase in context.
- mention or enumeration.
- citation (Thesaurus)