circumvolution: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (sûr"kum-vu-l'shun), [key]
- the act of rolling or turning around: planetary circumvolution.
- a single complete turn or cycle.
- a winding or folding about something: the circumvolutions of a boa.
- a fold so wound: the circumvolution of a snail shell.
- a winding in a sinuous course; a sinuosity: the circumvolutions of the river.
- a roundabout course or procedure, or an instance of such: The speaker's circumvolutions bored the audience to tears.
- circumvolution (Thesaurus)