Meaning of Churchill
Pronunciation: (chûr'chil, -chul), [key]
- (“Corporal John”), 1650–1722, British military commander.
- 1849–95, British statesman (father of Winston L. S. Churchill).
- 1871–1947, U.S. novelist.
- 1874–1965, British statesman and author: prime minister 1940–45, 1951–55; Nobel prize for literature 1953.
- a river in Canada, flowing NE from E Saskatchewan through Manitoba to Hudson Bay. ab. 1000 mi. (1600 km) long.
- Also calledFormerly,a river in SW Labrador, Newfoundland, in E Canada, flowing SE and N through Lake Melville to the Atlantic Ocean. ab. 600 mi. (965 km) long.
- a seaport and railway terminus in NE Manitoba, on Hudson Bay at the mouth of this river. 1700.
- churchill (Thesaurus)