Meaning of choir
Pronunciation: (kwīr), [key]
- a company of singers, esp. an organized group employed in church service.
- any group of musicians or musical instruments; a musical company, or band, or a division of one: string choir.
- the part of a church occupied by the singers of the choir.
- the part of a cruciform church east of the crossing.
- (in medieval angelology) one of the orders of angels.
- professed to recite or chant the divine office: a choir monk.
- to sing or sound in chorus.
- choir (Thesaurus)