Meaning of cherry
Pronunciation: (cher'ē), [key]
— n., pl. adj. -ries,
- the fruit of any of various trees belonging to the genus Prunus, of the rose family, consisting of a pulpy, globular drupe enclosing a one-seeded smooth stone.
- the tree bearing such a fruit.
- the wood of such a tree.
- any of various fruits or plants resembling the cherry.
- bright red; cerise.
- the hymen.
- the state of virginity.
- something new or unused.
- a novice.
- a first offender.
- the striking down of only the forward pin or pins in attempting to make a spare.
- bright-red; cerise.
- (of food and beverages) made with or containing cherries or cherrylike flavoring: cherry pie; cherry soda.
- (of furniture, woodwork, etc.) made of or covered or decorated with wood from the cherry tree.
- . being a virgin.
- a three-year-old car in cherry condition.
- new or unused:a three-year-old car in cherry condition.
- inexperienced; being an innocent novice.
- cherry (Thesaurus)