Charles: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (chärlz), [key]
- (Prince of Edinburgh and of Wales) born 1948, heir apparent to the throne of Great Britain (son of Elizabeth II).
- (Ray Charles Robinson), born 1930, U.S. blues singer and pianist.
- a cape in E Virginia, N of the entrance to the Chesapeake Bay.
- a river in E Massachusetts, flowing between Boston and Cambridge into the Atlantic. 47 mi. (75 km) long.
- a male given name: from a Germanic word meaning “man.”
- charles (Thesaurus)