Meaning of Chapter 11
Pronunciation: (chap'tur), [key]
- a main division of a book, treatise, or the like, usually bearing a number or title.
- a branch, usually restricted to a given locality, of a society, organization, fraternity, etc.: the Connecticut chapter of the American Red Cross.
- an important portion or division of anything: The atomic bomb opened a new chapter in history.
- an assembly of the monks in a monastery, of those in a province, or of the entire order.
- a general assembly of the canons of a church.
- a meeting of the elected representatives of the provinces or houses of a religious community.
- the body of such canons or representatives collectively.
- any general assembly.
- a short scriptural quotation read at various parts of the office, as after the last psalm in the service of lauds, prime, tierce, etc.
- any of the marks or numerals designating the hours on a dial.
- to divide into or arrange in chapters.
- chapter (Thesaurus)