champagne: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (sham-pān'), [key]
- (cap.) the sparkling, dry, white table wine from the region of Champagne in France.
- a similar sparkling wine produced elsewhere.
- (formerly) the nonsparkling, dry, white table wine produced in the region of Champagne in France.
- a very pale yellow or greenish-yellow color.
- anything considered the best or luxurious.
- having the color of champagne.
- luxurious or expensive: champagne tastes.
Pronunciation: (sham-pān' Fr. shän-pan'y&supschwa), [key]
- a region and former province in NE France.
- champagne (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.