Meaning of certain
Pronunciation: (sûr'tn), [key]
- free from doubt or reservation; confident; sure: I am certain he will come.
- destined; sure to happen (usually fol. by an infinitive): He is certain to be there.
- inevitable; bound to come: They realized then that war was certain.
- established as true or sure; unquestionable; indisputable: It is certain that he tried.
- fixed; agreed upon; settled: on a certain day; for a certain amount.
- definite or particular, but not named or specified: A certain person phoned. He had a certain charm.
- that may be depended on; trustworthy; unfailing; reliable: His aim was certain.
- some though not much: a certain reluctance.
- without a doubt; surely: I know for certain that I have seen that face before.
- certain ones: Certain of the members declined the invitation.
- certain (Thesaurus)