Meaning of ceremonial
Pronunciation: (ser"u-mō'nē-ul), [key]
- of, pertaining to, or characterized by ceremony; formal; ritual: a ceremonial occasion.
- used in or in connection with ceremonies: ceremonial robes.
- a system of ceremonies, rites, or formalities prescribed for or observed on any particular occasion; a rite.
- the order for rites and ceremonies.
- a book containing it.
- formal behavior found at, or appropriate to, a certain occasion: the ceremonial of a state banquet.
- ceremonial (Thesaurus)