carton: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kär'tn), [key]
- a cardboard or plastic box used typically for storage or shipping.
- the amount a carton can hold.
- the contents of a carton.
- a cardboardlike substance consisting of chewed plant material often mixed with soil, made by certain insects for building nests.
- to pack in a carton: to carton eggs for supermarket sales.
- to make or form cardboard sheets into cartons.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.