Meaning of capillary
Pronunciation: (kap'u-ler"ē), [key]
— adj., n., pl. -lar•ies.
- pertaining to or occurring in or as if in a tube of fine bore.
- resembling a strand of hair; hairlike.
- pertaining to capillarity.
- of or pertaining to the apparent attraction or repulsion between a liquid and a solid, observed in capillarity.
- pertaining to a capillary or capillaries.
- one of the minute blood vessels between the terminations of the arteries and the beginnings of the veins.
- a tube with a small bore.
- capillary (Thesaurus)