Meaning of canopy
Pronunciation: (kan'u-pē), [key]
— n., pl. v., -pies, -pied, -py•ing.
- a covering, usually of fabric, supported on poles or suspended above a bed, throne, exalted personage, or sacred object.
- an overhanging projection or covering, as a long canvas awning stretching from the doorway of a building to a curb.
- an ornamental, rooflike projection or covering.
- Also calledthe cover formed by the leafy upper branches of the trees in a forest.
- the sky.
- the part of a parachute that opens up and fills with air, usually made of nylon or silk.
- the transparent cover over the cockpit of an airplane.
- to cover with or as with a canopy: Branches canopied the road.
- canopy (Thesaurus)