Pronunciation: (ku-n'), [key]
— n., v., -noed, -noe•ing.
- any of various slender, open boats, tapering to a point at both ends, propelled by paddles or sometimes sails and traditionally formed of light framework covered with bark, skins, or canvas, or formed from a dug-out or burned-out log or logs, and now usually made of aluminum, fiberglass, etc.
- any of various small, primitive light boats.
- to handle one's own affairs; manage independently.
- to mind one's own business.
- to paddle a canoe.
- to go in a canoe.
- to transport or carry by canoe.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.