Meaning of cannibalism
Pronunciation: (kan'u-bu-liz"um), [key]
- the eating of human flesh by another human being.
- the eating of the flesh of an animal by another animal of its own kind.
- the ceremonial eating of human flesh or parts of the human body for magical or religious purposes, as to acquire the power or skill of a person recently killed.
- the act of pecking flesh from a live fowl by a member of the same flock.
- the removal of parts, equipment, assets, or employees from one product, item, or business in order to use them in another.
- the acquisition and absorption of smaller companies by a large corporation or conglomerate.
- cannibalism (Thesaurus)