butcher: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (booch'ur), [key]
- a retail or wholesale dealer in meat.
- a person who slaughters certain animals, or who dresses the flesh of animals, fish, or poultry, for food or market.
- a person guilty of brutal or indiscriminate slaughter or murder.
- a vendor who hawks newspapers, candy, beverages, etc., as on a train, at a stadium, etc.
- to slaughter or dress (animals, fish, or poultry) for market.
- to kill indiscriminately or brutally.
- to bungle; botch: to butcher a job.
- butcher (Thesaurus)