burning: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (bûr'ning), [key]
- aflame; on fire.
- very hot; simmering: The water was burning.
- very bright; glowing: She wore a burning red bathing suit.
- caused by or as if by fire, a burn, or heat: He had a burning sensation in his throat.
- intense; passionate: a burning desire.
- urgent or crucial: a burning question.
- the state, process, sensation, or effect of being on fire, burned, or subjected to intense heat.
- the baking of ceramic products to develop hardness and other properties.
- the heating or the calcining of certain ores and rocks as a preliminary stage in various industrial processes.
- burning (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.