Meaning of bunting
- a coarse, open fabric of worsted or cotton for flags, signals, etc.
- patriotic and festive decorations made from such cloth, or from paper, usually in the form of draperies, wide streamers, etc., in the colors of the national flag.
- flags, esp. a vessel's flags, collectively.
- any of several small, chiefly seed-eating birds of the genera Emberiza, Passerina, and Plectrophenax. Cf. indigo bunting, reed bunting, snow bunting.
- a hooded sleeping garment for infants. Also called
- bunting (Thesaurus)