Meaning of budget
Pronunciation: (buj'it), [key]
— n., adj., v., -et•ed, -et•ing.
- an estimate, often itemized, of expected income and expense for a given period in the future.
- a plan of operations based on such an estimate.
- an itemized allotment of funds, time, etc., for a given period.
- the total sum of money set aside or needed for a purpose: the construction budget.
- a limited stock or supply of something: his budget of goodwill.
- a small bag; pouch.
- reasonably or cheaply priced: budget dresses.
- to plan allotment of (funds, time, etc.).
- to deal with (specific funds) in a budget.
- to subsist on or live within a budget.
- budget (Thesaurus)