browse: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (brouz), [key]
— v., n. browsed, brows•ing,
- to eat, nibble at, or feed on (leaves, tender shoots, or other soft vegetation).
- to graze; pasture on.
- to look through or glance at casually: He's browsing the shelves for something to read.
- to feed on or nibble at foliage, lichen, berries, etc.
- to graze.
- to glance at random through a book, magazine, etc.
- to look leisurely at goods displayed for sale, as in a store.
- tender shoots or twigs of shrubs and trees as food for cattle, deer, etc.
- an act or instance of browsing.
- browse (Thesaurus)