Meaning of breathing
Pronunciation: (brē'ing), [key]
- the act of a person or other animal that breathes; respiration.
- a single breath.
- the short time required for a single breath.
- a pause, as for breath.
- utterance or words.
- a gentle moving or blowing, as of wind.
- the manner of articulating the beginning of a word written with an initial vowel sign, with or without aspiration before the vowel.
- one of the two symbols used to indicate this. Cf. rough breathing, smooth breathing.
- breathing (Thesaurus)