Meaning of brand name
- a word, name, symbol, etc., esp. one legally registered as a trademark, used by a manufacturer or merchant to identify its products distinctively from others of the same type and usually prominently displayed on its goods, in advertising, etc.
- a product, line of products, or service bearing a widely known brand name.
- a person who is notable or famous, esp. in a particular field: The reception was replete with brand names from politics and the arts.
Pronunciation: (brand'nām"), [key]
- having or being a brand name: nationally known brand-name food products.
- widely familiar; well-known: Several brand-name personalities will be performing at the benefit.
- brand name (Thesaurus)