braid: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (brād), [key]
- to weave together strips or strands of; plait: to braid the hair.
- to form by such weaving: to braid a rope.
- to bind or confine (the hair) with a band, ribbon, etc.
- to trim with braid, as a garment.
- a braided length or plait, esp. of hair.
- a hair style formed by interweaving three or more strands of hair.
- a narrow, ropelike band formed by plaiting or weaving together several strands of silk, cotton, or other material, used as trimming for garments, drapery, etc.
- a band, ribbon, etc., for binding or confining the hair.
- braid (Thesaurus)