Meaning of boilerplate
Pronunciation: (boi'lur-plāt"), [key]
- plating of iron or steel for making the shells of boilers, covering the hulls of ships, etc.
- syndicated or ready-to-print copy, used esp. by weekly newspapers.
- trite, hackneyed writing.
- the detailed standard wording of a contract, warranty, etc.
- phrases or units of text used repeatedly, as in correspondence produced by a word-processing system.
- frozen, crusty, hard-packed snow, often with icy patches.
- boilerplate (Thesaurus)