Meaning of blubber
Pronunciation: (blub'ur), [key]
- the fat layer between the skin and muscle of whales and other cetaceans, from which oil is made.
- excess body fat.
- an act of weeping noisily and without restraint.
- to weep noisily and without restraint: Stop blubbering and tell me what's wrong.
- to say, esp. incoherently, while weeping: The child seemed to be blubbering something about a lost ring.
- to contort or disfigure (the features) with weeping.
- disfigured with blubbering; blubbery: She dried her blubber eyes.
- fatty; swollen; puffed out (usually used in combination): thick, blubber lips; blubber-faced.
- blubber (Thesaurus)