Meaning of bloody
Pronunciation: (blud'ē), [key]
— adj., v., adv. blood•i•er, blood•i•est, blood•ied, blood•y•ing,
- stained or covered with blood: a bloody handkerchief.
- bleeding: a bloody nose.
- characterized by bloodshed: bloody battle; a bloody rule.
- inclined to bloodshed; bloodthirsty: a bloody dictator.
- of, pertaining to, or resembling blood; containing or composed of blood: bloody tissue.
- (used as an intensifier): a bloody shame; a bloody nuisance.
- to stain or smear with blood.
- to cause to bleed, as by a blow or accident: to bloody someone's nose.
- (used as an intensifier): bloody awful; bloody wonderful.
- bloody (Thesaurus)