blind spot: Meaning and Definition of
- a small area on the retina that is insensitive to light due to the interruption, where the optic nerve joins the retina, of the normal pattern of light-sensitive rods and cones. See diag. under
- an area or subject about which one is uninformed, prejudiced, or unappreciative: I confess that operettas are my blind spot.
- an area in which signals are weak and their reception poor.
- any part of an auditorium, arena, or the like, in which a person is unable to see or hear satisfactorily.
- an area to the side and slightly behind a driver's field of vision that is not reflected in the vehicle's rearview mirror.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.