blare: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (blâr), [key]
— v., n. blared, blar•ing,
- to emit a loud, raucous sound: The trumpets blared as the procession got under way.
- to sound loudly; proclaim noisily: We sat there horrified as the radio blared the awful news.
- a loud, raucous noise: The blare of the band made conversation impossible.
- glaring intensity of light or color: A blare of sunlight flooded the room as she opened the shutters.
- fanfare; flourish; ostentation; flamboyance: a new breakfast cereal proclaimed with all the blare of a Hollywood spectacle.
- the bawl of a calf.
- blare (Thesaurus)