Meaning of blackjack
Pronunciation: (blak'jak"), [key]
- a short, leather-covered club, consisting of a heavy head on a flexible handle, used as a weapon.
- twenty-one (def. 4).
- Also callednatural.(in twenty-one) an ace together with a ten or a face card as the first two cards dealt.
- a variety of twenty-one in which any player can become dealer.
- See(defs. 1, 2).
- a small oak, Quercus marilandica, of the eastern U.S., having a nearly black bark and a wood of little value except for fuel.
- a large drinking cup or jug for beer, ale, etc., originally made of leather coated externally with tar. Cf. bombard (def. 7).
- caramel or burnt sugar for coloring spirits, vinegar, coffee, etc.
- a dark, iron-rich variety of sphalerite.
- to strike or beat with a blackjack.
- to compel by threat.
- blackjack (Thesaurus)