bisect: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (v.bī-sekt', bī'sektn.bī'sekt), [key]
- to cut or divide into two equal or nearly equal parts.
- to cut or divide into two equal parts: to bisect an angle.
- to intersect or cross: the spot where the railroad tracks bisect the highway.
- to split into two, as a road; fork: There's a charming old inn just before the road bisects.
- Also calleda portion of a stamp, usually half, used for payment of a proportionate amount of the face value of the whole stamp.
- bisect (Thesaurus)