bilateral: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (bī-lat'ur-ul), [key]
- pertaining to, involving, or affecting two or both sides, factions, parties, or the like: a bilateral agreement; bilateral sponsorship.
- located on opposite sides of an axis; two-sided, esp. when of equal size, value, etc.
- pertaining to the right and left sides of a structure, plane, etc.
- (of a contract) binding the parties to reciprocal obligations.
- through both parents equally:Cf. unilateral (def. 7). bilateral affiliation.
- a bilateral agreement, esp. regarding international trade.
- bilateral (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.