ben: Meaning and Definition of
— Scot. Scot.
- the inner or back room of a two-room cottage, esp. when used as a combined parlor and bedroom.
- within; inside.
- inside; inner.
- the seed of a tropical tree, Moringa pterygosperma, that yields an oilused in manufacturing cosmetics and lubricating delicate machinery. Cf. horseradish tree.
— n. Scot., Irish.
- a mountain peak; high hill: Ben Nevis.
- son of (used esp. in Hebrew and Arabic names): Moses ben Maimon.
- a male given name, form of
- ben (Thesaurus)