Meaning of beauty
Pronunciation: (by'tē), [key]
— pl. -ties.
- the quality present in a thing or person that gives intense pleasure or deep satisfaction to the mind, whether arising from sensory manifestations (as shape, color, sound, etc.), a meaningful design or pattern, or something else (as a personality in which high spiritual qualities are manifest).
- a beautiful person, esp. a woman.
- a beautiful thing, as a work of art or a building.
- Often,something that is beautiful in nature or in some natural or artificial environment.
- an individually pleasing or beautiful quality; grace; charm: a vivid blue area that is the one real beauty of the painting.
- a particular advantage: One of the beauties of this medicine is the freedom from aftereffects.
- (usually used ironically) something extraordinary: My sunburn was a real beauty.
- something excellent of its kind: My old car was a beauty.
- beauty (Thesaurus)