Meaning of bearer
Pronunciation: (bâr'ur), [key]
- a person or thing that carries, upholds, or brings: dozens of bearers on the safari.
- the person who presents an order for money or goods: Pay to the bearer.
- a tree or plant that yields fruit or flowers.
- the holder of rank or office; incumbent.
- (esp. in India) a native boy or man employed as a personal or household servant.
- furniture (def. 4).
- one of several strips of metal fitted at the sides of a plate for support during inking and proving.
- a joistlike member supporting the floorboards of a scaffold.
- bearer (Thesaurus)