Meaning of baron
Pronunciation: (bar'un), [key]
- a member of the lowest grade of nobility.
- (in Britain)
- a feudal vassal holding his lands under a direct grant from the king.
- a direct descendant of such a vassal or his equal in the nobility.
- a member of the House of Lords.
- an important financier or industrialist, esp. one with great power in a particular area: an oil baron.
- a cut of mutton or lamb comprising the two loins, or saddle, and the hind legs. Cf.
Pronunciation: (ba-rôn'), [key]
- (Michel Boyron), 1653–1729, French actor.
- baron (Thesaurus)