banquette: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (bang-ket' locally bang'kit for 3), [key]
- a long bench with an upholstered seat, esp. one along a wall, as in a restaurant.
- an embankment for buttressing the base of a levee and forming a berm.
- a sidewalk, esp. a raised one of bricks or planks.
- a platform or step along the inside of a parapet, for soldiers to stand on when firing.
- a ledge running across the back of a buffet.
- a bench for passengers on top of a stagecoach.
- banquette (Thesaurus)