bake: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (bāk), [key]
— v., n. baked, bak•ing,
- to cook by dry heat in an oven or on heated metal or stones.
- to harden by heat: to bake pottery in a kiln.
- to dry by, or subject to heat: The sun baked the land.
- to bake bread, a casserole, etc.
- to become baked: The cake will bake in about half an hour.
- to be subjected to heat: The lizard baked on the hot rocks.
- a social occasion at which the chief food is baked.
- cracker (def. 1).
- bake (Thesaurus)