backstage: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (bak'stāj'), [key]
- behind the proscenium in a theater, esp. in the wings or dressing rooms.
- toward the rear of the stage; upstage.
- out of view of the public; in private; behind the scenes: Many of the deals were made backstage at the convention.
- located or occurring backstage.
- of or pertaining to activities unknown to the public.
- of or pertaining to the private lives of people in the entertainment industry: backstage gossip.
- a backstage area.
- backstage (Thesaurus)