backing: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (bak'ing), [key]
- aid or support of any kind.
- supporters or backers collectively.
- something that forms the back or is placed at or attached to the back of anything to support, strengthen, or protect it.
- a curtain or flat placed behind a window, entrance, or other opening in a stage set to conceal the offstage area.
- material for backing a joist or rafter.
- a bevel given to the outer and upper edge of a hip rafter.
- the musical accompaniment for a soloist; backup.
- backing (Thesaurus)