Meaning of B-17
Pronunciation: (bē), [key]
— pl. B's Bs, b's bs.
- the second letter of the English alphabet, a consonant.
- any spoken sound represented by the letter B or b, as in bid, bauble, or daubed.
- something having the shape of a
- a written or printed representation of the letter B or b.
- a device, as a printer's type, for reproducing the letter B or b.
- bulb (def. 8).
- the second in order or in a series.
- (sometimes l.c.) (in some grading systems) a grade or mark, as in school or college, indicating the quality of a student's work as good or better than average.
- (sometimes l.c.) (in some school systems) a symbol designating the second semester of a school year.
- a major blood group usually enabling a person whose blood is of this type to donate blood to persons of type B or AB and to receive blood from persons of type O or B. Cf. ABO system.
- the seventh tone in the scale of C major or the second tone in the relative minor scale, A minor.
- a string, key, or pipe tuned to this tone.
- a written or printed note representing this tone.
- (in the fixed system of solmization) the seventh tone of the scale of C major, called ti.
- the tonality having B as the tonic note.
- (sometimes l.c.) the medieval Roman numeral for 300.
- a proportional shoe width size, narrower than C and wider than A.
- a proportional brassiere cup size, smaller than C and larger than A.
- a designation for a motion picture made on a low budget and meant as the secondary part of a double feature.
- a quality rating for a corporate or municipal bond, lower than BB and higher than CCC.
- bar; bars.
- barn; barns.
- base; baseman.
- base; baseman.
- blend of; blended.
— U.S. Mil. U.S. Mil.
- (in designations of aircraft) bomber: B-29.
- bb (Thesaurus)