astringent: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (u-strin'junt), [key]
- contracting; constrictive; styptic.
- harshly biting; caustic: his astringent criticism.
- stern or severe; austere.
- sharply incisive; pungent: astringent wit.
- a substance that contracts the tissues or canals of the body, thereby diminishing discharges, as of mucus or blood.
- a cosmetic that cleans the skin and constricts the pores.
- astringent (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.