assure: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (u-shoor', u-shûr'), [key]
— -sured, -sur•ing.
- to declare earnestly to; inform or tell positively; state with confidence to: She assured us that everything would turn out all right.
- to cause to know surely; reassure: He assured himself that no one was left on the bus.
- to pledge or promise; give surety of; guarantee: He was assured a job in the spring.
- to make (a future event) sure; ensure: This contract assures the company's profit this month.
- to secure or confirm; render safe or stable: to assure a person's position.
- to give confidence to; encourage.
- to insure, as against loss.
- assure (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.