Meaning of assurance
Pronunciation: (u-shoor'uns, -shûr'-), [key]
- a positive declaration intended to give confidence: He received assurances of support for the project.
- promise or pledge; guaranty; surety: He gave his assurance that the job would be done.
- full confidence; freedom from doubt; certainty: to act in the assurance of success.
- freedom from timidity; self-confidence; belief in one's abilities: She acted with speed and assurance.
- presumptuous boldness; impudence.
- assurance (Thesaurus)