assign: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (u-sīn'), [key]
- to give or allocate; allot: to assign rooms at a hotel.
- to give out or announce as a task: to assign homework.
- to appoint, as to a post or duty: to assign one to guard duty.
- to designate; name; specify: to assign a day for a meeting.
- to ascribe; attribute; bring forward: to assign a cause.
- to transfer: to assign a contract.
- to place permanently on duty with a unit or under a commander.
- to transfer property, esp. in trust or for the benefit of creditors.
- Usually,a person to whom the property or interest of another is or may be transferred; assignee: my heirs and assigns.
- assign (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.