Meaning of arrangement
Pronunciation: (u-rānj'munt), [key]
- an act of arranging; state of being arranged.
- the manner or way in which things are arranged: a tactful arrangement of the seating at dinner.
- a final settlement; adjustment by agreement: The arrangement with the rebels lasted only two weeks.
- Usually,preparatory measures; plans; preparations: They made arrangements for an early departure.
- something arranged in a particular way: a floral arrangement; the arrangement of chairs for the seminar.
- the adaptation of a composition to voices or instruments, or to a new purpose.
- a piece so adapted.
- the planning or scheduling of funeral services and burial: Final arrangements are still pending.
- arrangement (Thesaurus)