Arnold: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (är'nld), [key]
- 1741–1801, American general in the Revolutionary War who became a traitor.
- 1832–1904, English poet and journalist.
- (“Hap”), 1886–1950, U.S. general.
- 1822–88, English essayist, poet, and literary critic.
- his father,1795–1842, English clergyman, educator, historian, and writer.
- 1891–1969, U.S. lawyer and writer.
- a town in E Missouri. 19,141.
- a male given name: from Germanic words meaning “eagle” and “power.”
- arnold (Thesaurus)