Meaning of arabesque
Pronunciation: (ar"u-besk'), [key]
- a sinuous, spiraling, undulating, or serpentine line or linear motif.
- a pose in ballet in which the dancer stands on one leg with one arm extended in front and the other leg and arm extended behind.
- a short, fanciful musical piece, typically for piano.
- any ornament or ornamental object, as a rug or mosaic, in which flowers, foliage, fruits, vases, animals, and figures are represented in a fancifully combined pattern.
- decorated with or characterized by arabesques: arabesque design.
- arabesque (Thesaurus)