apprentice: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (u-pren'tis), [key]
— n., v., -ticed, -tic•ing.
- a person who works for another in order to learn a trade: an apprentice to a plumber.
- a person legally bound through indenture to a master craftsman in order to learn a trade.
- a learner; novice; tyro.
- an enlisted person receiving specialized training.
- a jockey with less than one year's experience who has won fewer than 40 races.
- to bind to or place with an employer, master craftsman, or the like, for instruction in a trade.
- to serve as an apprentice: He apprenticed for 14 years under a master silversmith.
- apprentice (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.